D.A.H Transport & Storage (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you have provided to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.dahtransport.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is D.A.H Transport & Storage of Unit 21a Peacock Estate, 20 White Hart Lane, Tottenham, London, N17 8DT.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.dahtransport.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our services, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information that we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information that we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
– We will not share your information or data with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
– [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If D.A.H Transport & Storage or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions as stated by RHA conditions of carriage 1998 and RHA conditions of storage 1998 and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of D.A.H Transport & Storage, our customers, our staff, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 21a Peacock Estate, 20 White Hart Lane, Tottenham, London, N17 8DT
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The GDPR Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.